Anyone happen to notice during the Olympics that FIFA has made a few game rule changes? The OCWSL will adopt these as well and here they are:
- Referee may red card a player prior to a match. Team does not play short they may be substituted.
- Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity is only a yellow card and not a red card. Provided there was an attempt to play the ball. Other red-card offences are still enforced (i.e. handball, violent conduct).
- When there is a “wall” the attacking players can no longer be in the defensive wall.
- On offside – if defender is off the field he is only considered “active” until defending team clears the ball or play stops.
- Kick offs may go backwards.
**The “wall” is considered players standing shoulder to shoulder